May 22, 2023
In episode 185 of America Adapts, we’re highlighting some of the experts and speakers that attended the Innovations in Climate Resilience conference hosted by Battelle. Conference experts weigh in on topics such as national security, climate risk modeling, public health and climate justice, adapting in the built environment and much more. The three day conference was held in Columbus, Ohio. Experts and practitioners from the private sector, NGOs, federal, state, and local governments all converged to exchange ideas and knowledge. Notably, representatives from the National Labs played a significant role in the conference, showcasing their innovative work in the resilience space. Additionally, the episode features insights from a diverse range of resilience experts associated with Battelle, the organizer of the conference.
The role of National labs in climate adaptation.
• Battelle and their adaptation efforts.
• National security and climate change.
• Public health and the emerging need for climate resilience.
• Emerging sectors in the climate adaptation universe.
• NEON – National Ecological Observatory Network
• Computational neuroscience…and climate change?
• The challenges of reliable climate risk modeling.
• Infrastructure Resilience.
Experts in this Episode:
• Lou Von
Thaer – President and CEO of Battelle
• Holly Neeber - CEO at AEI Consultants
• Dr. Jordan Branham - Senior Climate Risk & Resilience Analyst, Argonne National Laborator Argonne Labs
• Dr. Paula Mabee - Chief Scientist and Observatory Director, National Ecological Observatory Network
• Andrew Bochman - INLer & Atlantic Council Global Energy Center Non Resident Senior Fellow
• Dr. Sweta Chakraborty - CEO, We Don’t Have Time North America
• Dr. John Balbus - Acting Director, Office of Climate Change and Health Equity, Department of Health and Human Services
• Melinda Sych - Chief Commercial Officer at Battelle
• Pranjal Gupta - PhD Candidate - Computational Neuroscience
• Ashley Nguyen – Student and winner of Battelle Climate Challenge
• John Conger - President, Conger Strategies & Solutions
• Michael Janus - Senior Vice President & General Manager at Battelle
• Monika Serrano - Resilience Program Manager at Turner Construction
• Taylor Dimsdale - Senior Fellow, Climate and Disaster Resilience, Fors Marsh
• Lisa Avedon - Marketing and Communications Leader at Battelle
This episode was generously sponsored by Battelle.
Check out the America Adapts Media Kit here!
Subscribe to the America Adapts newsletter here.
Listen to America Adapts on your favorite app here!
Linkedin and Twitter:
Resources and Links in this episode:
Doug Parsons and Speaking
If you are interested in having Doug speak at corporate and conference events, sharing his unique, expert perspective on adaptation in an entertaining and informative way, more information can be found here!
Follow/listen to podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Address Climate Change Risk in Low- and Moderate-income Communities
- Volume 14, Issue 1
Podcasts in the Classroom – Discussion guides now available for the latest episode of America Adapts. These guides can be used by educators at all levels. Check them out here!
The 10 Best Sustainability Podcasts for Environmental Business Leaders
climate change podcasts on The Climate Advisor
7 podcasts to
learn more about climate change and how to fight
Directions on how to listen to America Adapts on Amazon Alexa
America Adapts also has its own app for your listening pleasure! Just visit the App store on Apple or Google Play on Android and search “America Adapts.”
Join the climate change adaptation movement by supporting America Adapts! Please consider supporting this podcast by donating through America Adapts fiscal sponsor, the Social Good Fund. All donations are now tax deductible!
Podcast Music produce by
Write a review on Apple Podcasts !
America Adapts on Facebook!
Join the America Adapts Facebook Community Group.
Check us out, we’re also on YouTube!
Executive Producer Dr. Jesse Keenan
Subscribe to America Adapts on Apple Podcasts
Doug can be contacted at americaadapts @ g mail . com